**Ski Mo Update**
1. Competitors must descend on skis or board through the gated course to the finish at base.
2. If using snowshoes, competitors must carry their own equipment and ski or board to finish.
3. Since the awards ceremonies will be held at 3 pm in the plaza, competitors must be able to reach the first control station at the top of Boundary within 2 hours or will be disqualified. Competitors must complete the competition to qualify for prizes and draw prizes.
5. If you miss a control station on the descent you will assess a 10 second penalty.
**You can now Register and Pay at Guest Services or call 250.427.4881**
All AT -Gear, splitboards, tele-mark and snowshoes welcome. (Snowshoes available for $11 at the KAR rental Shop-this is a special deal only for participants)
Participants will start in Plaza, skin up Boundary (2) to Kootenay Haus. Participants will then take their skins off and descend through the gates to the plaza.
$20 entry fee includes: burger, beer and a raffle ticket for prizes
- Race Start: 12:00pm in Plaza
- Registration: 9-11am in Slopeside
- Mandatory Safety Meeting: 11:30 in Plaza
Atmosphere will be extremely friendly ( a good way to get introduced to the sport)
Awards/prizes at the Ski-Mo Social in Stemwinder Bar and Grill
**Helmets required** No x-country skis allowed
We would like to thank our sponsors so far – Boulder Hut Adventures, Kimberley Alpine Resort, Kootenay Mountain Works, Kimberley Orienteering Club, Spirit Rock Climbing Gym, Kimberley Vacations, Purcell Ourdoors, Big Magic Designs, Montana’s BBQ and Bar, Trickle Creek Golf Course, Kimberley Golf Club
For more info call 250.427.4881 and firstname.lastname@example.org
IPCAS Speed Event and Masters Race Series
On February 16-20, Kimberley Alpine Resort in hosting the IPCAS/Masters Ski Race Series. This is a very unique combination, as we are combining the adaptive/disabled ski racers with 18-80 year old Masters Racers.
The IPCAS will be training and competing in Downhill and Super G disciplines only. The Masters will be doing Downhill, Super G, GS and a Night Slalom. Masters is open to anyone 18 and older that has the desire to compete.
Racers must pre register and can register NOW through https://zone4.ca/register.asp?id=11146 (registration closes Monday, February 15)
Tuesday, Feb 16 and Wed. Feb 17 – Downhill Training days (IPCAS and Masters)
Thursday, Feb 18 – 2 Downhill Races (IPCAS and Masters) *Masters must particpate in 1 day of Downhill Training in order to race in the Downhill*
Thursday, Feb 18 – Night slalom for Masters
Friday, Feb 19 – 2 Super G Races (IPCAS and Masters)
Saturday, Feb 20 – GS for Masters
Calling all College Students! $ 10 Friday Nights (dates below) at KAR. Lifts $10, burger & beer $10, ski and board rentals $10
Board / Eat / Drink / Dance / Enjoy!
With an APRES SKI & BOARD PARTY with LIVE MUSIC at the Stemwinder Bar & Grill
-Friday January 29th will feature Mr. Roper from 9pm – 11pm.
-Friday February 12, 2016 (Band is “Mile High Club” 8 pm to 11 pm)
– Friday February 26, 2016 (Band playing is “Oak Republic” 9pm to 11pm)
– Friday March 4, 2016 (Band playing is “Crooked Line” 9 pm to 11 pm)
– Friday March 11, 2016 (Band Playing is “Lucas Hanny & The Fable Hoppers” 9 pm to 11 pm)
Friday night lift hours – 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
$10.00 Lift Ticket
$10.00 Burger & Beer / Beverage
Call Guest Service for more information or to purchase your package at 250-427-4881
– Offer open to all college students – Must show your current & valid college ID.
– Schedule subject to change.
– Stemwinder Bar & Grill – Minors must always be accompanied by an adult, only 19 yrs & older after 8 pm.