Updated March 30th, 2021
We encourage all guests to follow all public health authority guidelines including the current provincial travel advisory that is in place as well as the new public health order on indoor dining.
Effective Tuesday March 30th, 2021 the BC Government and Provincial Health Office have issued new COVID-19 restrictions that require all indoor dining to be shut down for the duration of our winter 2020.21 ski season. This means that indoor seated service will no longer be available at any of our resort Food and Beverage outlets. Please read the Food & Beverage tab below for our outlet offerings for the remainder of the season.
Distancing Measures & Signage
To align with our government's health and safety guidelines, we will be practicing physical distancing procedures throughout Kimberley Alpine Resort. We will be promoting maintaining 6 feet of physical distance from anyone outside of your social bubble, this will be assisted by directional and suggested distancing signage placed around our resort as well as plexiglass and other barriers.
Face coverings are mandatory at all RCR resorts for any resort guest over the age of 2 years old. We ask that you use a face covering in all public spaces, from the parking lots, through the base area, in all buildings and outlets, and while in lift lines and on ski lifts. You are not required to wear your face covering while skiing or riding, or while seated in one of our food outlets. Please note that we will not facilitate or consider any exemptions.
We ask that you choose or make your mask based on Government of Canada guidelines, which can be found by following the link below.
Insider Tip: bring two masks with you to the ski hill, one tends to get cold and snowy, and you could keep a second mask in your pocket for when you want to be warm indoors.
Each and every person that wishes to be at Kimberley Alpine Resort will be required to answer questions recommended by the B.C. government to maintain the overall safety of the resort property. This includes all our staff and guests. For the health and safety of resort guests and our staff, please do not visit if any of the following apply:
- If you are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, sore throat, cough, difficulty breathing)
- Live in a household with someone with COVID-19, symptoms of COVID-19 or who is self-isolating due to possible exposure to COVID-19
- If you have travelled outside of Canada in the past 2 weeks or been in contact with anyone who has travelled outside of Canada in the past 2 weeks
If you do not wish to participate or adhere to the above mentioned safety measures, please do not visit our resorts.
All Season Passes* must be processed online this includes filling out waivers and uploading photos. All passes will be mailed* so please allow 10 business days from receiving your approval email to receive your pass. There will be no pass processing or pass pick up at the resorts this season*. Once you have received your season pass you will be able to go directly to the lift when visiting the resort, no reservations will be required.
*With the exception of Super Pass holders, all Super Pass waivers must be done in person, and pass pickup will be done in person at the same time as waivers are completed.
IF THERE ARE CLOSURES TO THE RESORTS DUE TO COVID-19 DURING THE 2020.21 WINTER SEASON WILL I BE COMPENSATED?
We appreciate there is lots of uncertainty as to what the future holds and it is difficult to make financial decisions in the current environment. To ensure that you have confidence in your winter ski decisions we are offering a new “no questions asked” refund on all unused 2020.21 Winter Season pass purchases. In the event there is a prolonged closure due to COVID-19 refunds or credits will be provided on Season Passes, dependant on how many days you used your pass.
Please follow the link below to view our refund policy on unused passes, and our refund policy in the event of a prolonged closure due to COVID-19.
WILL SEASON PASS HOLDERS BE REQUIRED TO RESERVE THEIR SKI DAY?
Season Pass Holders will not be required to make reservations and will have unlimited access to the resorts their pass is applicable to.
I HAVE AN EPIC PASS, DO I NEED TO RESERVE MY SKI DAY?
No, you will not be required to reserve your ski day. Your pass can be scanned directly at the chair lift.
The indoor capacity at RCR Guests Services will be reduced or closed, and we will be servicing guests through ticket windows and Self-Serve Express Kiosks. We recommend pre-purchasing lift tickets online as we are monitoring lift capacity and may suspend ticket sales during period of high demand.
As a result of our safety protocols surrounding the COVID Virus and looking to create a safe environment for our guests, this season we will be closely monitoring lift capacity and ticket sales to help ensure that we can manage daily the number of people at Kimberley Alpine Resort. Day lift tickets will be available at our resort ticket windows daily. However, on high demand days only a certain number of day lift tickets will be sold - so one should use the opportunity to pre-purchase your lift tickets online to guarantee you get the ski day’s you want on those days. We do anticipate some periods of higher demand, so to avoid disappointment, it is recommended that you pre-purchase your lift tickets online and in advance as some dates may sell out.
Tiger Lift Tickets (Ages 0-5)
TIGER lift tickets must be provided at the resort via the ticket window with child present.
Unused Product from 2019.20 Winter Season
Please visit www.skircr.com/exchange to see if your unused 2019.20 ski product is eligible for exchange to a 2020.21 product. All requests must be made through this portal, exchanges will not be facilitated at our resorts this season. Unused 2019/2020 products will not be eligible for use during any preview weekends hosted by the resort.
There will be two maze areas for the following guests:
- Families/Households - These groups will be loaded onto a lift up to the capacity of the carrier as their own group. No one outside these circles will join these groups.
- Individuals who are willing to ride with other people: These people will be loaded onto lifts on the following basis/capacity
- 2 per Quad chair
- 1 per Double chair
- 1 per T-Bar
Our Winter Sports School is known for providing a safe and fun learning environment for all ages, we work hard to maintain a team of friendly and helpful instructors. We have made some adjustments to how our programs will work for the upcoming season to ensure the safety of all instructors and guests taking lessons with us within our current environment.
- Mandatory face coverings during lessons
- Revised maximum group sizes
- No childcare packages or inclusion of food and beverage options offered in any of our lessons this season.
- Private lessons and bubble groups being booked for participants that are in same family household, or friendship bubble.
- In every lesson your instructor will discuss new COVID-19 risk management and safety rules before starting.
- Due to the ongoing pandemic if you feel unwell on the morning of your lesson please contact us to reschedule your lesson. Documentation may be required.
- Revised capacities, floor markings and other measures to help ensure physical distancing
- Increased cleaning protocols, all rental equipment will be sanitized between use/guests
- Daily monitoring of all employees to ensure they are free of symptoms. All employees will be required to wear personal protective equipment and will be trained on health protocols related to COVID-19
- Continuous updates to our sanitary measures by staying up to date with government standards and recommendations
*Outdoor outlets and service is provided weather permitting.
- Stemwinder Bar & Grill open for take out and outdoor table service only
- Buckhorn & Main Mountain Eatery open for take out service only
- Top Easter BBQ open weekends only for outdoor service only
- Maximum occupancy loads based on provincial COVID-19 Guidelines
- Barriers or closed off stalls, urinals and/or sinks to ensure appropriate physical distancing
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation program
- Signage in washrooms to promote physical distancing, proper hand washing and waste disposal techniques
We will not be offering Childcare at Kimberley Alpine Resort this season.
We recommend you take steps to protect yourself, we promote contactless payment as much as possible, regular hand sanitization and/or washing, staying within your social bubble and avoiding gatherings on our properties.
Remain respectful - we will not tolerate any abuse towards our staff members or other guests in regards to any of these guidelines. Anyone not able to follow our recommendations will be asked to leave.
We are as enthusiastic about winter as ever and hope you are too! Let’s make it a great season working together and taking time to enjoy our spectacular mountain surroundings.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us by email.
We appreciate your review of these policies ahead of visiting us this winter and your further cooperation during your visit. Please realize we are living in an ever changing situation and while many of these policies will stay in place for the entire ski season, there may be additional ones brought forth or adjustments made as we adapt to our current environment and do everything possible to have a full and enjoyable season for us all. We advise taking a look at this page to check for updates before each of your resort visits this season.