Updated July 8, 2021
We encourage all guests to follow all public health authority guidelines. Before your visit, please take a moment to review our COVID-19 policies and guidelines as detailed below. Please be mindful of maintaining social distancing from those outside of your cohort. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we strive to provide and safe environment for our guests and staff.
Wednesday, August 25 Updates regarding COVID-19 PHO health orders, recommendations, and requirements.
PROVINCE WIDE MASK MANDATE
Masks are required in public indoor settings for all people born in 2009 or earlier (12+).
PROOF OF VACCINATION
By order of the PHO, proof of vaccination will be required to access some events, services and businesses. Starting September 13, you must have at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. By October 24, you must be fully vaccinated. You're fully vaccinated 7 days after dose 2. The requirement applies to all people born in 2009 or earlier (12+). People visiting from outside of B.C. are also required to show proof of vaccination.
Proof of vaccination will be required at our restaurants and on our patios. Proof of vaccination will NOT be required in the retail and rental shops. You will be asked to see your proof of vaccination AND valid government ID upon entering the restaurant and patio.
The requirement is in place until January 31, 2022, subject to extension.
From the Government of BC Proof of Vaccine Page: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/proof
Proof of vaccination will be managed via "BC's vaccine card". According to the Government announcement, you'll be able to show your proof of vaccination easily using the BC vaccine card website.
The secure website will be available for September 13th and will provide confidential access to your proof of vaccination. You'll be able to save your vaccine card to your smartphone and show it when accessing events, services and businesses. A secure paper option will also be available for September 13th.
Distancing Measures & Signage
To align with our government's health and safety guidelines, we will be practicing physical distancing procedures throughout Kimberley Alpine Resort. We will be promoting maintaining 6 feet of physical distance from anyone outside of your social bubble, this will be assisted by directional and suggested distancing signage placed around our resort as well as plexiglass and other barriers.
- Staff will be wearing face masks at all times while working with guests.
- It is recommended that guests wear face coverings in all areas of the resort. This includes indoor facilities as well as in the chairlift line, and when loading, riding and unloading chairlift, and in our base area plaza.
Each and every person that wishes to be at Kimberley Alpine Resort will be required to answer questions recommended by the B.C. government to maintain the overall safety of the resort property. This includes all our staff and guests. For the health and safety of resort guests and our staff, please do not visit if any of the following apply:
- If you are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, sore throat, cough, difficulty breathing)
- Live in a household with someone with COVID-19, symptoms of COVID-19 or who is self-isolating due to possible exposure to COVID-19
- If you have travelled outside of Canada in the past 2 weeks or been in contact with anyone who has travelled outside of Canada in the past 2 weeks
If you do not wish to participate or adhere to the above mentioned safety measures, please do not visit our resorts.
Face coverings are recommended for guests while in the lift lines, loading and unloading the lifts.
- Please ensure you present the barcode on your lift ticket or season pass to the scanner so they don’t have to touch it.
- All lift staff will be wearing face masks for your and their protection.
- You must only ride with family or travelling companions. Singles will ride alone.
The BC Government and Provincial Health Office have issued a COVID - 19 Public Health order that requires all patrons in Food & Beverage outlets to be assigned tables and to remain seated while dining at their establishments Socializing between tables is not currently permitted, group sizes at tables are no longer mandated.
*Outdoor outlets and service is provided weather permitting.
- Stemwinder Bar & Grill open for special events with limited capacity.
- Buckhorn & Main Mountain Eatery open for take out, indoor & outdoor* dine-in service.
- Maximum occupancy loads based on provincial COVID-19 Guidelines
- Barriers or closed off stalls, urinals and/or sinks to ensure appropriate physical distancing
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation program
- Signage in washrooms to promote physical distancing, proper hand washing and waste disposal techniques
We recommend you take steps to protect yourself, we promote contactless payment as much as possible, regular hand sanitization and/or washing, staying within your social bubble and avoiding gatherings on our properties.
Remain respectful - we will not tolerate any abuse towards our staff members or other guests in regards to any of these guidelines. Anyone not able to follow our recommendations will be asked to leave.
We are as enthusiastic about winter as ever and hope you are too! Let’s make it a great season working together and taking time to enjoy our spectacular mountain surroundings.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us by email.
We appreciate your review of these policies ahead of visiting us this winter and your further cooperation during your visit. Please realize we are living in an ever changing situation and while many of these policies will stay in place for the entire ski season, there may be additional ones brought forth or adjustments made as we adapt to our current environment and do everything possible to have a full and enjoyable season for us all. We advise taking a look at this page to check for updates before each of your resort visits this season.