For Immediate Release: February 7th, 2017
Ski Canada Awards Fernie, Golden & Kimberley in Annual Best of Skiing Issue
Ski Canada Magazine’s annual Best of Skiing awards names Fernie, Kimberley and Kicking Horse for a variety of accolades including ‘Best Ski Towns’ and ‘Best in Truth in Advertising’ as just some of the many. This year’s Ski Canada Best of Skiing awards are extremely special for us, first from Heiko & Linda Socher’s mention for their dedication and commitment to our beloved Fernie, to Kimberley’s The Shed, a real cool place to eat and Boulder Hut Adventures receiving the Best Views in the Backcountry, finishing off with our special partnership with Helly Hansen – hitting the streets of Toronto with the Fernie Alpine Resort ski patrol to advertise skiing in the West.
Fernie, B.C • www.skifernie.com
- Best in the business – Heiko Socher for starting, owning and operation Fernie Snow Valley from 1972 to 1997
- Fernie named in ‘best ski towns’
- Best Guerrilla marketing – Helly Hansen & Fernie Ski Patrols tour on the streets of downtown Toronto
- Dedicated Alpine Touring trails – the new uptracking tour at Fernie Alpine Resort
Kimberley, B.C • www.skikimberley.com
- Best view in the Backcountry – Boulder Hut Adventures
- Best truth in advertising for Kimberley’s new restaurant – The Shed
- Best looking legs – the Iron Legs Pentathlon at Kimberley Alpine Resort, going into its 34th year
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort • www.skikickinghorse.com
- Best new shuttle – the Kicking Horse shuttle connects YYC (Calgary International Airport) and Kicking Horse Mountain Resort twice a week.
- Best Trivia – for the Goal Light Gondola YouTube series from Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
About Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Inc.
Proudly Canadian, Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Inc. (RCR) is the largest private ski resort owner/operator in North America, owning six ski resorts across Canada, including Nakiska Ski Area in Alberta; Fernie Alpine Resort, Kicking Horse Mountain Resort and Kimberley Alpine Resort in British Columbia. RCR also owns and manages a number of hotels and golf courses, including Trickle Creek in Kimberley, and Wintergreen Golf and Country Club in Bragg Creek. RCR aims to provide each and every guest The Ultimate Experience.
For more information, please contact: