Our team has worked tirelessly to prepare our operations for your arrival, and we are looking forward to kicking off the 2020/21 skiing and riding season on Friday, December 11th! While we all share the joy for sliding on snow, this season will look different. We have put in place a comprehensive COVID-19 Winter Operation Safety Plan developed in collaboration with the Canada West Ski Area Association, WorkSafeBC, provincial and local health authorities, that addresses the complex and unprecedented situation we are currently facing.
Initially, we will have the Main Run & Magic Carpet open while we’re working hard on getting more terrain opened up soon.
Resort services this weekend will include:
- Stemwinder – Open daily at 8:30am for light breakfast & coffee, après ski & lunch
- Buckhorn & Main | 250-427-2525 – Open daily for express lunch as well as dinner
- Plaza BBQ & take-out – Saturday & Sunday
- Guest Services/Ticket Window | 250-427-4881 – 8:30am-4:30pm
- Rental & Repair Shop – 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Sports Alpine Retail Store – 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Winter Sports School | 250-432-0315 – 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Child Care will not be offered
For any questions please contact Guest Services at 250-427-4881.
Tickets are available online at tickets.skikimberley.com or at the Ticket Window.
This set of rigorous procedures and operating plans is to help ensure our guests, staff and community have a safe winter in Kimberley.
Despite all of the planning we have done, It is everyone’s responsibility to follow the guidelines that we have put in place, as we all want a long season, and a safe skiing and riding experience.
Here are some of the changes you can expect at the resort this season:
- Face coverings are required to be worn throughout the entire resort, inside all buildings, in lift lines, while riding lifts, parking lots and our Plaza.
- As a result of our safety protocols surrounding the COVID Virus and looking to create a safe environment for our guests, this season we will be closely monitoring lift capacity and ticket sales to help ensure that we can manage daily the number of people at Kimberley Alpine Resort. Day lift tickets will be available at our resort ticket windows daily and online. However, on high demand days only a certain number of day lift tickets will be sold – so one should use the opportunity to pre-purchase your lift tickets online to guarantee you get the ski day’s you want.
- Lift lines will be adjusted and stretched out to accommodate physical distancing of 2m between cohort groups.
- We are following all restaurant guidelines, reservations and walk-ins are welcome at Stemwinder and Buckhorn and Main, but due to limited capacity, reservations are recommended. Reservations can be made in advance through Opentable.ca or skikimberley.com
- The Kootenay Haus will be opening a bit later this season with exciting lunch options.
- Slopeside will be open for public washrooms, ATM and repair access only. There will be no bag storage in Slopeside or in any other buildings. Therefore it is required that you gear up, and leave your belongings in your vehicle.
- There will be capacity restrictions in place for other outlets so make sure to read signs as you enter and follow the directions. This includes the Rental Shop, so it is strongly recommended that you pre-purchase online to speed up the process for yourself.
We appreciate your patience, understanding and cooperation – “Be Kind, Be Calm, Be Safe”