The snowcat shuttle operation is in its second week now, and so we thought we would send out an update on the service, including announcing an adapted reservation system for seniors, families with young children, and those with mobility challenges.
We are pleased to see that hundreds and hundreds of people have been able to successfully book and/or walk up and get on standby and get rides to the top of the mountain.
Due to the snowcats’ big popularity we do however acknowledge that the seats book out very quickly every night at 6 pm, which can be a frustration. We encourage you to keep trying, or to just show up and ride on standby, especially considering that our busier holiday period is getting behind us, and midweeks will be slower as kids will be going back to school soon. We are open to any feedback you have on the system or on the cat rides themselves.
As we have said from the beginning, we ask those who are able to walk to the back side to please give priority to guests who are not able to do so.
Related to this we have had a lot of feedback that seniors (65+), families with young children, and those with mobility challenges have had difficulty gaining access to the cats, and some of our older skiers are finding it difficult to navigate the online booking system. So to help them going forward we will be giving priority booking on two cats daily for these groups.
The general service guidelines for this service will be as follows:
· The first reserved cat will go out at 8:40 am, and the 2nd at 12:20 pm.
· Please e-mail our Guest Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org any time up to 3 pm during the day on the day before you would like a snowcat ride up.
· From the emails that have come in we will randomly choose 24 guests to get those reserved spots. This will effectively work like a lottery. But please only send one email per day.
· In the email please include your first and last name and age and the same info of others in your party, plus the time you would prefer to go up, either 8:40 am or 12:20 pm. Your preferred time slot can also be in your email subject line.
· Maximum 4 guests per reservation request.
· Seniors will be able to include other seniors in their group.
· For families a parent can ride with up to 3 children, and a child can ride with up to two parents. To keep families together, children over 12 can be included, but at least one child in the group needs to be 12 or under.
· Please do not call Guest Services to book. All reservations will go through the e-mail system.
· As with all shuttles a valid season pass or lift ticket is required to ride the snowcat shuttle
· We will email those that were successful for the next day by 4:30 pm. So if you haven’t received an email by then please feel free to make an online booking at 6 pm.
· Friday, January 7th is the first day we will be taking reservations this way for rides on Saturday, January 8th.
· We will just go day by day for now to test out how this system works. Please let us know your feedback.
Click here to book a spot on the snowcat. All other seats become available every night at 6pm for the next day.