Kimberley, B.C – Kimberley Alpine Resort conducts an annual summer glading and mowing program on the mountain to add new skiing/riding, to get our existing runs open and in better shape earlier. We upped our commitment by 30% this year and our hard working crew did a great job getting us ready for winter!
We focused on three programs this summer:
- Hand Glading out treed areas, increasing the amount of ridable terrain:
- Runt Glades – We opened up this area, which is a locals’ favourite with steep and deep tree skiing on your way to Easter Chair.
- All Over Glades – We cleaned up the glades on both sides of All Over Run – top to bottom tree skiing – Oh yah!
- Anton’s Glades (skier’s left) – We opened up the chutes at top skiers left then continued brush cutting down skiers left.
- Anton’s Glades – (skier’s right) – The steep trees between Anton’s and Flush visible to the left of the of the Easter Chair were cleared out of alders and deadfall. You can now ski the trees and pop out on Flush or keep following the ridge down eventually popping out on Anton’s.
- Jackpot Glades – These glades have been cleaned up and are ready to shred.
- Dean Glades – This area was cleaned up last year and we did a bit more brushing this year focusing our efforts on skiers left. A fun blue run for the intermediate and expert.
- Machine Mowing on existing runs:
- We expanded our summer grooming capabilities with a newer cat specially adapted with a large mower on the front to assist mother nature in opening up the slopes as early as possible. We focused the majority of our summer cat grooming on the front side and blue intermediate terrain on back side including the Main, Stemwinder, Buckhorn, Mambo, Moe’s, Purl, All Over, Caper and others.
- Hand Mowing and Cutting by crews on existing runs, including:
- Runt, Anton’s Black, Geneva, Tamarack, Jackpot, Jackpot Glades, Lower Main, Below Skier Bridge, Owl TBar, Nate’s Way, Upper Mambo, Lodge Face, Twist, Midwinder
Kimberley Alpine Resort is scheduled to open on Saturday, December 14th, keep an eye on our website, social media & RCR app for updates.
We look forward to an awesome season and seeing you on the slopes!
For more info call 250.427.4881 or email
Kimberley Alpine Resort • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram