Jeep Jr Freeski presented by Rossignol and Smith Optics
***Registration will open on Tuesday, January 7th at 7:00 pm (MST)***
Kimberley Alpine Resort will once again host a regional IFSA Sanctioned Freeskiing event.
This event provides an opportunity for youth between the ages of 7 and 18 to develop and showcase their skiing skills in a fun and supportive environment.
The Jeep Junior Freeski Series is a part of Resort of the Canadian Rockies (RCR) ongoing commitment to providing active and healthy pursuits for youth. To align with the IFSA qualification standards, the event is open to skier’s ages 7 to 18 featuring 6 categories: 7-11 /12-14/15-18 male and female. All age cut off dates are based on the age turned prior to December 31, 2019. Competitors will display their skiing skills on natural terrain while being judged on 5 categories – Line Choice, Control, Fluidity, Technique, and Style/Energy.
Entry Fees: $82+gst per competitor. Registration is limited to the first 100 competitors and is first come, first serve, so register early before the event sells out!
Friday, February 21 – Registration Check-In & Inspection
Saturday, February 22– Qualifiers (all age groups)
Sunday, February 23 – Finals (all age groups)
**Detailed schedule will be posted closer to the event and sent out to all registered competitors***
– Please read the 2020 IFSA Junior Series Rules Changes (link on the IFSA registration page or click here) as there are changes to mandatory equipment, venue access this year for competitors, coaches and parents and other updates
– All athletes MUST have a current 2020 IFSA Membership and your IFSA username and password to register. For details on IFSA Memberships visit: https://www.freeskiers.org/membership/membership-info.html
-Coaches (including independent athlete parents) seeking venue access are REQUIRED to have current IFSA Coach Certification and a current IFSA Coach Membership this year. Details on that certification and membership can be found here: https://www.freeskiers.org/coaches-hosts-judges.html
-All Athletes must complete an RCR Event Waiver(s): PLEASE READ!
- All competitors must complete the resort event waiver(s).
- If you complete your Event Waiver online you only have to do it once for the 2019-20 Winter season.
- Competitors aged 16 and older must complete an Event Waiver and can complete the waiver themselves.
- Competitors aged 15 and under must have their parent or legal guardian complete both the Event Waiver AND the Parental Consent Waiver.
- All waivers can be completed online and can be accessed here: https://passes.skircr.com/waivers-special/signup.aspx
- IFSA Waiver – please bring a completed copy
Parents not in attendance MUST complete these prior to event
Ski in ski out accommodation available at Trickle Creek Lodge 250-427-5175
- Back Protector are now Mandatory
- Helmets are MANDATORY for all competitors.
- $20 Cash Bib Deposit is required at Registration. Bib deposit is returned in full when the bib is returned at the end of the event.
- All competitors must have a valid lift ticket/season pass. Athletes: will receive a 20% discount on lift tickets. Competitors will also receive up to 2 vouchers that will give a 20% off discount on lift ticket for family members. IFSA certified coaches: will receive a complimentary lift ticket based Junior Freeski Series. Click here for more info
- All competitors must have valid medical coverage for the event (meaning all American competitors must have valid medical travel insurance for Canada and ensure their coverage extends to the nature of the event).