2 Day Ski Motion RETREAT – Ski, Yoga & Fitness Camp
Enjoy a dream weekend of skiing, yoga and fresh mountain air in a beautiful Kimberley, BC
At “Ski Motion” we combine Skiing, Yoga and Fitness to help you get in tune with how your body moves and works in relationship to developing your skiing technique and skills.
What is a Ladies “Ski Motion” Ski, Yoga and Fitness Camp?
“Ski Motion” camps are different than a just a ski lesson, “Ski Motion” is about body, mind, soul and skiing to make sure you have the best day ever out on the slopes. At “Ski Motion” we combined Skiing, Yoga and Fitness to help you get in tune with how your body moves and works in relationship to developing your skiing technique and skills. Through a better understanding of how your body moves & works our expert “Ski Motion” coaches will help you develop your body movements in relation to developing your skiing skills.
Who are Ski Motion Camps for- “Ski Motion” Camp are for ladies only! Sorry no guys.
Are you an avid skier interested in reaching a new level and refining your skiing? Do you feel your body movement patterns or physical body is limiting your ski development? If so this introduction program may be for you! Ski motion looks at physical movement patterns and biomechanics on dry land and on the slopes to determine stretches or strengthening exercises that can improve you’re skiing.
Dates: March 29, 30 & 31, 2019
Ski Motion Requirements
All ladies must be a Level 5 to 6 ski ability, able to ski all Blue slopes and some Black slopes, with a curiosity and interest in how body movement / mechanics work in relationship to skiing and ski improvement. To check your ski ability click here.
Schedule of Events: (schedule subject to change. Minimum numbers required)
Arrival March 29, 2019
- 6:30 – 8:00 pm – Arrival Reception: March 29th Friday night at Buckhorn & Main Mountain Eatery in the Trickle Creek Lodge
Day 1: March 30, 2019
- 8:15 to 8:30am – Early Lift Load North Star Quad Chair
- 9:00 to 9:30am – Warm up Stretching at Kootenay Haus Cabin
- 9:30 to 11:00 – On Snow Ski Assessment and coaching
- 11:15-12:45 – Example: Intro to Ski Motion & movement assessments (Conference Center Jerry Johnson Room)
- 1245 to 1:30-lunch Conference Center
- 1:30 to 3:30 – On Snow Ski Movement Assessments and coaching(Conference Center Jerry Johnson room)
- 3:45 to 5:00 – Yoga session 30-45 mins, review home exercises
- 6:30 – Saturday evening dinner & a drink at Buckhorn & Main
Day 2: March 31, 2019
- 8:15 to 8:30 am – Early Lift Load North Star Quad Chair
- 9:00 to 9:30 am – Warm up Stretching at Kootenay Haus Cabin
- 9:30 to 11:00 – On Snow Ski Assessment and coaching
- 11:15 to 12:45 – Expanding in Ski Motion movement assessments and optional exercises
- 1245 to 1:30 – Lunch Conference Center
- 1:30 to 3:30 – On Snow Ski Movement Assessments drills & coaching
- 3:45 to 5:00 – Yoga session 30-45 mins, review home exercises and closure, group photo.
All Weekend Retreats include: Friday evening arrival reception, 2 Lunches & 1 Dinner. “Ski Motion” Session will conclude with a final Yoga session and an opportunity to review basic movement patterns with reference material to take home for lasting improvements.
Meet our “Ski Motion” Coaches:
Lisa Steele – CSIA Level 2 Ski Instructor, Yoga Instruction & Fitness Evaluation
Lisa Steel is a CSIA Level 2 ski instructor, with over 10 year’s ski instructing experience. Lisa brings a special twist to her ski lessons, with her extensive background in Yoga Therapy and Bio Mechanics. Lisa loves to share her passion for skiing and Yoga therapy. Lisa extensive experience in Yoga therapy and bio mechanics can help you better understand how your body works in relationship to skiing and ski improvement. Lisa certifications are: C-IAYT (International Yoga Therapist), CYA-RYT (Canadian Gold Yoga Instructor), CYA-YT (Canadian Yoga Therapist) & 1000+ hours’ instruction certified and is a Licenced Emergency Medical Responder.
Simon Jones – CSIA Level 3 Ski Instructor, CPGA Golf Professional and Level 2 TPI Golf Biomechanics Certified.
Simon Jones has been working at Kimberley Alpine Resort for 3 Season, with over 15 years teaching experience, from Europe to the Canadian Rockies Simon loves to teach. Simon is a Level 3 CSIA Certified Ski Instructor and Level 1 CSIA Course Conductor. Simon loves teaching people new techniques and helping them to develop their skills to tackle more terrain and show you all that Kimberley Alpine Resort has to offer. When Simon is not on the slope he is the Head Pro and Golf Teaching Professional at Kimberley Golf Club and he has achieved his Level 2 TPI Golf Biomechanics Teaching Certification. Simon training and experience can help you understand better how your body works in relationship to sport.
$279 pp + tax (No hotel & No lift tickets)
$379 + tax with 2 nights hotel (No lift tickets) Hotel price based on double occupancy
$489 + tax (Including 2 night’s hotel & 2 lift tickets) Hotel price based on double occupancy
Ski Motion Session will include: Sunrise Yoga in the Kootenay Haus, on snow ski sessions, dry land Ski Motion assessments, ski techniques to improve body mechanics, exercises to stretch or strengthen muscles and improve movement patterns.
To register with Accommodations: Contact Sonya Nash at email@example.com or 250-427-6733
To register without Accommodations: Call Kimberley Alpine Resort Winter Sports School at 250-432-0315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org