For Immediate Release: December 6th, 2016
Kimberley Alpine Resort to Open the 2016.2017 Season on Saturday
Kimberley, BC – Kick off ‘your winter tradition’ this Saturday at Kimberley Alpine Resort. Mother Nature and this week’s winter weather has given a boost to our mountain and snowmaking crews, and we are pleased to be able to offer the Northstar Quad Chair and the Main run starting this weekend. Along with skiing starting, local band The Hollers will be kicking off the après season in the Stemwinder Bar & Grill on Saturday & Sunday afternoon (all ages welcome until 8pm). Please see the Snow Report for further updates.
Photo from December 5, 2016
The following services will be offered for opening weekend;
- Guest Services will be open this week for season pass processing from 10 am – 4:30 pm, and from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm starting on Saturday.
- The Sports Alpine Retail Shop located in the base will be open for your ski or snowboard accessory needs, and for Christmas shopping.
- Ski School will be open for lessons and for multi-week program sales.
- The Rental and Repair shop
- Montana’s Bar and BBQ will be open at noon on the weekend, and 4 pm through the week.
- The resort will remain open during the week, but Kimberley Alpine Pass holders are welcome to continue riding for free at Fernie Alpine Resort and Kicking Horse Mountain resort until Friday, December 16th.
- Please be cautious of early season hazards, and be aware that first-timer beginner terrain will not yet be available.
- Early season discounts on lift tickets will be available.
For more information, please contact:
Senior VP Marketing & Resort Experience, Resorts of the Canadian Rockies
Twitter, Instagram & Facebook – @PowderMatt • Powder Matt’s Blog